Copyright © 2005 All rights received
Français -
The Immigration Law Center
including but not limited to H-1B visas for skilled workers,  that best suit
your unique situation. For employers, we come up with the fastest way to
bring foreign hires to the US. For employees, we devise a strategy that would
allow them to advance their career in the US while keeping the door open for
eventual transition to permanent residency
The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a qualified alien worker
with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree to temporarily (up to 6 years) be
employed in the US by a sponsoring employer.
A qualified alien worker can bring his dependants (spouse and children) to
the US. Examples of workers we’ve successfully represented in H-1B
applications include computer programmers, scientists, researchers,
engineers, architects, lawyers, physical therapists, economists, financial
analysts and fashion designers.
An alien worker can be employed either part-time or full-time. It is not a
violation of alien worker’s non-immigrant status to be on vacation, on sick,
maternity or paternity leave. An alien worker on an H-1B visa may travel
outside the US, for business and pleasure, and safely re-enter the         
The number of H-1Bs that can be approved per fiscal year is currently set at
65,000. There is an exemption from this cap available for aliens who have
earned a Master’s or higher degree from a university in the United States,
however this exemption is limited to 20,000. Also, some petitioning
employers are exempt from all numerical limitations. Examples of these
employers are: certain institutions of higher education, nonprofit entities
related to or affiliated with institutions of higher education, nonprofit
research organizations, and governmental research organizations.